Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake
Summer is here! Looking for a healthy and 100% natural treat? Cool yourself down this season with a delicious Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream Cake, made fresh with our Inside Out Unsweetened Cashew Milk and Inside Out Unsweetened Almond Milk.
Caitlin is a passionate foodie and traveller who loves creating healthy recipes that are both delicious and super simple! She has an obsession for chocolate and all things sweet. All you foodies and explorers should follow @fitflyingfoodies to see her creations and travels!
Recipe is below, ENJOY!
- 8 medjool dates
- ¼ cup Inside Out Unsweetened Cashew Milk or Inside Out Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1½ cups + 2 tablespoons Almond Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup Hazelnuts, finely chopped and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons raw chocolate, finely chopped (I used loving earth)
Filling (Ice Cream Cake)
- 1¼ cup Hazelnuts, soaked overnight (drain liquid before using)
- ⅔ cup Cashews, soaked overnight (drain liquid before using)
- 1¾ cup Inside Out Unsweetened Cashew Milk or Inside Out Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup Cacao Butter, melted
- Chocolate hazelnut spread, as needed (choose a clean one, I use loving earth)
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Whole hazelnuts
- Raw hazelnut chocolate (I use loving earth)
- Cacao nibs
Step 1: Crust
- Soak the dates in the nut milk for several hours, or overnight, if possible.
- Place Inside Out Unsweetened Cashew Milk or Inside Out Unsweetened Almond Milk and dates in the bowl of a food processor, along with the almond flour, salt, cacao powder, and coconut palm sugar. Process at a high speed until the dates have broken down completely and the mixture forms a dark, chocolate-y dough that is relatively smooth.
- Add the hazelnuts and chocolate to the processor and process just until they are evenly dispersed throughout the dough.
- Divide the dough between a cake pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough into each well with the back of a spoon or your fingers until level and smooth. Place in the freezer.
Step 2: Ice Cream Filling
- Place the hazelnuts, cashews, Inside Out Unsweetened Cashew or Inside Out Unsweetened Almond Milk, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla, salt, coconut oil, and cacao butter in a high speed blender or food processor and blend on medium/low for 1 minute. Up the speed to a higher setting and blend for several minutes, scraping the sides down as needed, until the mixture becomes completely smooth.
- Remove the cake pan from the freezer and pour the mixture on top of the crust. Drop the pan on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles. Place pan back in the freezer for 4 hours, or until the cake is completely frozen.
Step 3: Topping
- Remove cakes from the freezer and top the cake with a large spoonful of chocolate hazelnut spread. Spread the spread all over the top of the cake.
- Top each cake with toasted hazelnuts (some whole and some chopped), raw chocolate and cacao nibs.
- Place back in the freezer for another hour or two, until the chocolate spread has frozen.
- To remove the cake, pop it out of the pan. Allow it to chill for 5-10 minutes before serving, as it may be very hard to cut through after freezing.
Step 4: ENJOY
Thank you for your creation Caitlin! Please make sure to check out her Instagram @fitflyingfoodies for more recipes!